The Good News is a monthly report of effective ways congregations among churches of Christ in the United States are spreading the Word in their communities.
Please read all of these "good news" stories to find good ideas for your church to use.
The Good News is one of the many ways in which Oklahoma Christian University serves churches.
- Good News for April: From a Dog Show in Kansas to Popular Children’s Bible Lessons from NZ
- New Zealand Missionary Provides Children’s Bible Lessons All Over the World
- LCGI Supplies Materials World-Wide
- Sunday Devotional at Dog Show
- Small Oklahoma Church has Encouraging Event
- Good News for March Has Stories Reaching from India Through Africa to Truck Stops and the Inner City
- Church Growth in Mombasa, Kenya is Good News
Good News in November Brings Word from India, Greece, Latin America and the US
The Good News stories for November tell of a disaster in India which has given the church opportunities to serve, good church activities in Greece, what many congregations in Latin America are doing, a campaign in a Pennsylvania church, and a program to help returning missionary children adapt to being back “home.” The stories show the wide-spread efforts of many to spread the Word in effective ways. If you know of a story that would be good to share, send it to email@example.com. Because December is a short work month, the next Good News newsletter will be in January of 2014.
An additional interesting note. Darryl Wingo reports from the Farrall Church of Christ in Shawnee that they used three Oklahoma Christian University students to conduct a gospel meeting in September. Such occasions are good for the hosting congregation and encourage young men who are preparing to preach.
From the recent Oklahoma Christian Lectureship, we have now posted audio tapes of all of the lessons with video tapes on the keynote lectures. You can reach these materials at www.oc.edu/churchrelations/lectureship. There are some great messages on doctrinal, textual, and practical topics.