The Good News is a monthly report of effective ways congregations among churches of Christ in the United States are spreading the Word in their communities.
Please read all of these "good news" stories to find good ideas for your church to use.
The Good News is one of the many ways in which Oklahoma Christian University serves churches.
- February Good News Has Stories of Baptisms Around the World and Stories About Inner-City Work
- Survey: How to Get More Members Involved in Reaching Out to Others with the Gospel
- Inner-city Work in Oklahoma City Shows Positive Impact
- Arkansas Church Has Great Success with Muscle and a Shovel
- Disaster Relief in the Philippines Bears Much Fruit
- Young Men Baptized in Honduras
- January Good News Has Moving Stories from Africa, Germany, Prisons, and Spanish Congregations in OK
Coincidence or Providence?
by Stafford North
Late on Thursday night, Oct. 10, I received a phone call from an Oklahoma Christian alumnus who has lived in China more than ten years so he can share about the Bible when he can. A couple he had known in China had moved to Warsaw, Poland, and were having a problem renting an apartment because of their inability to speak Polish. He called to see if I knew of anyone in the church at Warsaw who might help them.
I called a couple who had lived in Warsaw for several years, but was now back in the United States to see whom they might recommend. They gave me the name of a woman they thought could help and I relayed her phone number to the man in China. He called her on Skype to see if she would help and, as he saw her face, he thought she looked familiar to him. After they checked through several possibilities, it turned out that the man in China had known the woman’s father when they were both attending Bear Valley Bible Institute. Thus, he had known the woman when she was a girl growing up. Of course, she agreed to help.
Small world, especially in the Lord’s church.